There’s nothing that screams summer like going to the pool or beach! I am more of a pool person, rather than the beach. And this is what I bring when I go to the pool. What is in your beach bag?
1) Sunscreen! I get burned so easily, it’s not even funny. I was driving somewhere the other day, and my arm got burned through the window. Yeah. Crazy. So if I am in the hot sun, I have to lather up that sunscreen or else I will look like a red lobster.
2) Sun glasses! This is a must. Apart from being a cute fashion piece, they block those rays from my eyes.
3) A book! Or magazine, depending on what my mood is. Usually I’ll bring my current book I’m reading. (I am currently reading “A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court” by Mark Twain. It’s been on my list of books to read and I’m just now getting to it! But it’s a great read!) If I don’t bring a book, I might bring a fashion magazine, or an HGTV one to gather decorating inspiration.
4) My Phone and/or IPod! If I just want to listen to music and lay out (in the shade, of course, so I don’t burn! lol) then I will just zone out and listen to music.
5) And last but not least, a beach towel! This is a must, of course. Whether to dry off after a swim, or to lay on.
So these are my necessities I keep in my beach/pool bag. I may add other things depending on my mood or if I want a snack or anything like that, but these five things will always stay in my bag!