#11- Organize your closet!
I don’t know about you, but I for one will almost always find my closet a huge mess. Organizing/neatness does not come easily or naturally to me. If I really want something to be clean, I have to work really hard at it. And it’s not very often when that does happen. I like the idea of organization and having a clean place, but honestly I don’t work hard enough for that to happen. But there’s always room to grow, right? 🙂 My closet is always a mess. I get in a hurry, throw my clothes in the door and shut it, hoping they don’t all tumble down. I was looking for tips on how to keep it clean and thought I would share them with you! I got these from this site ( http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/20-ways-to-organize-your-bedroom-closet-43236 ). They have some great tips. I will share just a couple, but would suggest you visit their site to find out more! I am going to be following these tips, too, to help me on my ‘being neat journey’.
1) I read or else someone told me this: at the end of the season, go through your clothes and take out the pieces you haven’t worn. So when winter is over, go through your winter clothes and see what you didn’t wear. If you didn’t wear that piece at all in the season, get rid of it. Chances are, you won’t be wearing it anymore.
2) If you have room under your bed, keep a storage bin under there to store off-season clothes, purses, shoes, papers, whatever you need to store to keep your room/closet being neat and tidy.
3) Color code your clothes. It helps you in finding the piece of clothing you need quickly.
4) Use pretty suitcases or boxes to store whatever you need. It helps decorate your room and hide the clutter you don’t want others to see, or you don’t have room for in your closet.
5) Keep the clothes you wear the most at face-level. The items you don’t use as much, store up high or in a bin under your bed. I found that when I stored my boots on my top shelf, I didn’t wear them as much this winter. It was too much of a hassle to get a step-stool to reach them. It wasn’t that I was being lazy, but it wasn’t a practical spot for them. What would have been better would have been if I stored my heels or less-worn shoes up there, not the ones I wear the most. You can store sweaters, or special occasion articles on the top to save room and keep your closet neat and efficient.
Hope you enjoyed these tips. I know that I will be using them to organize my closet and (try) to keep it clean. Have a great day!