#14- 10 (+1) ways to have a warm, fun, cozy afternoon!
Right now where I am, the temperature is at 5 degrees. So very cold! When the weather is this cold (which tends to be happening everyday), I like to just stay home, sit by the fire, and have a relaxing afternoon/evening. But since this has been happening everyday, those afternoons can become a little boring. Sometimes I think, “What on earth can I do?”
So, while I am eating a hot bowl of cheese broccoli soup to warm me up, I am going to share with you 10+ ways to stay warm and have a cozy afternoon in, free of boredom! 🙂
1. Read a good book. Perhaps it could be a childhood favorite. Whenever I reread some of my past favorites, a rush of memories and feelings that came with the book will sweep over me. It kind of transports me back to the time and place when I last read the book.
2. Make a craft. Perhaps there is a new hobby you want to pick up.
3. Find a new show on Netflix. Is there a new TV show you’ve been wanting to watch? Netflix has many great ones!
4. Paint your nails. I like my fingernails/toenails to be painted at all times, but when they need to be redone, or painted, it’s sometimes hard to find the time, since it takes a while for them to dry. But when you have an afternoon, that would be the perfect time to pamper yourself!
5. Do a mini spring cleaning. Do you have a closet that needs to be cleaned out? Maybe it’s a cupboard under your sink or a junk drawer in your dresser. If you have an afternoon snowed in, go ahead and tackle those projects and clean them. Sometimes on lazy afternoons, I find myself feeling sluggish and tired. I just don’t want to do anything. But when I start to clean or organize something, I will almost always find myself feeling energized.
6. Bundle up and take a meditative walk outside. It’s good to get fresh air; it clears your head and let’s you get a new or fresh perspective on life.
7. Write in your journal. I try to write in my journal on a consistent basis, but sometimes life gets busy and writing in your journal becomes low on your list. But I think it’s important to write your thoughts and feelings. It’s always an enjoyment going back through my old journals and reading the “woes” and “drama” I faced when I was eight. haha
8. Rearrange your room/ area. I always find it fun to redo my room. It just makes life more interesting and keeps me content. Perhaps you have been wanting to redo an area in your home/apartment. Now would be a good time!
9. Sit by the fire, drinking a hot drink. This is one of my favorite things to do. I have found myself with more time on my hands due to the cold. So sitting by the fire, drinking coffee or hot chocolate, reading a book or doing nothing, is such a fun and relaxing thing to do.
10. Play games! It’s easy to just sit and fill your time with movies and social media. But playing a board game is more fun, enjoyable, and worth your time. I have recently been playing Monopoly with my sister. That and Clue are my all-time favorite board games. My new favorite card game, (apart from Euchre. Which, sadly, takes four players. And my sister and I only make two. haha) is German Whist. It’s a two-player card game. We got my other sister and her husband to play it and they now love it. Just google the directions. It’s a great game!
11. Work a puzzle. This can easily take up your afternoon. If you found a show on Netflix you are now addicted to, just watch it while you do a puzzle. Or listen to music while you work on it. It’s such a great way to curve boredom. 🙂
I hope you have enjoyed reading ways to keep your afternoons warm and fun on these cold, winter days! Feel free to let me know what you do to curve your boredom. Follow me for more fashion tips!