Hello from a couple years later!! It’s amazing how fast time flies and how much has happened. I rediscovered this blog and thought, why not try to keep it up again? I started it when I was quite young, hence the funny name 😜; not exactly the blog name I would choose now. I’ve been trying to find some new hobbies and thought I would give this a go! 🙂 not entirely sure what to expect or what it will be about but that’s the fun of the unknown 😉 so bear with me and let’s give this a chance!
Well hello there! I don’t know where you are in the world, but where I am, it’s a cold, snowy day. I know it has been such a long time since I have put up a new post. I could say I have been busy, but to be honest, I’ve chosen other things to do. But this snowy day has created the perfect motivation for me to get back into the blogging world and think about spring! So for today’s post I’m going to show some spring trends and where you can get them.
1) Saddle Bags!
I am probably most excited about this trend, considering how much I love all sorts of bags. This purse is so cute, not too big or too small, and perfect to keep your daily essentials in. But it’s also $1,400. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chloe-medium-marcie-leather-crossbody-bag/3822709?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=634267_1&cm_pla=women:bags:handbag&cm_ven=Google_Product_Ads_pla_online&mr:referralID=7769a966-b7b6-11e4-82f7-001b2166c2c0
So I found an alternative that’s just as cute!
It’s from Daily Look and is more affordable at $49.99. So whether you want to splurge or save, I think this style of bag is a must-have for this season! Get it here: http://www.dailylook.com/p/Bags/DAILYLOOK-Classic-Saddlebag-Purse/96248.html
2) Pastels/ Florals! (of course)
It wouldn’t be spring if pastels or florals weren’t still trendy. Yet thank goodness they both are! I am excited for both trends, as usual, and love how they twist the same style each year to make it just a bit different yet just as cute.
And again, you don’t have to splurge to wear this trend.
This lavender skirt is such a cute style with a sort of princess vibe to it. The crop top adds a trendy look to it, or you can add a more flow-y, cream colored top. Shop for it here: https://www.lulus.com/products/beauty-and-the-pleats-lavender-vegan-leather-midi-skirt/198850.html
This site also has many choices, so be sure to check it out for different styles and colors!
I am excited for this trend. You can definitely choose to go edgy or feminine with this look.
This skirt can be either subtle or showy, just depending on how you want to style it! But if you want to go more subtle yet keep the trend, try this cream colored top, also from H & M.
And if that is still too much for you, try a small crossbody bag with just a tad bit of fringe to it!
This purse is from Rebecca Minkoff. I just love her bags and think this one is absolutely adorable and worth the splurge! 🙂
So there you go! Those are just a couple of this year’s trends, and I can’t wait until it’s warm enough so I can start wearing pastels and florals, my usual favorite. 🙂
Hope you have a great day, wherever you are, and thanks for stopping by!
Until next time…
Well hello there!
I hope that you are doing well on this beautiful, sunny, chilly day! 🙂 In just a couple days, one of my sister’s is getting married! We are all so excited for her as she starts on her new journey. Since we sisters were her chosen bridesmaids, we all had to come up with dresses that matched her style and color scheme. And boy, was it hard! She had a lot of requirements for her choice of dress, so it was a long before I found mine. And even still, it’s not the best choice. But the wedding is about her, not me, so I will be happy in whatever I am wearing! 😉
The people over at Promtimes ( http://www.promtimes.co.uk/ ) contacted me to write an article about their newest website. And guess what it is about? Bridesmaid dresses! I wish now I had known about their site before I ordered my dress. They have so many cute, fancy, and trendy dresses over there that it would have been so easy to find the one I needed. And if you’re in the same boat I was, check out their website to see if their dresses match what you need! And right now, they’re having a sale, so another plus. 🙂 I’ve read the customer reviews and have not come across one where the customer was unsatisfied. True, there are haters out there, but over all, they had great reviews! (the reviews are at the end of each page on their site, so you won’t have any trouble finding them.)
So go check out their site and see if there’s something on there you can’t live without for the formal attire you need! http://www.promtimes.co.uk/
Just click on the pictures below to be redirected to their website and to the exact dress.
These were just a few of their dresses I picked to give you an example of what they have; they have hundreds of dresses to choose from, so you are bound to find one that fits your personality and style! So be sure to check out their website and let them know I sent you!
I thought I would share with you my go-to look for fall! I recently splurged on some over-the-knee boots and have honestly worn them about every day since. I wear them with leggings and some sort of oversized shirt. While the top and bottom are casual, the boots add a sophisticated, put together look that make it so easy to find an outfit to wear, especially on those days when I’m rushed and need a quick outfit. So I found a few pictures that will hopefully inspire you in finding an outfit to wear with over the knee boots. If you don’t have any, I highly recommend getting some! They’re very popular this season, not to mention how cute they are. They come in all styles, so find some that match your personality! 🙂
(all pictures found on pinterest)
I know, I know… It has been two months since I last updated my blog! I have been slacking a lot, but I am going to try to do my best in keeping this more up to date and current with the fashion world. But for today, I thought I would share with you all my current favorite mascara. If you know me at all, you know how much I love mascara and am always trying to find that ‘perfect one’. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as perfect, but this mascara is pretty darn close to that! It’s less than $10 at any drugstore and gives great length and volume to your lashes. I highly recommend it if you are on the hunt for a new mascara. It’s Rimmel’s Scandal Eyes Rockin’ Mascara. I have been using it for probably a month now and it is still working just as great as it was day 1! As with all mascara’s (at least with me), the first use is a little bit watery and harder to apply, but with each application it gets easier and builds better. I’ll leave a link to it below if you want to check it out!
So I thought I would rave about this random product I have been loving lately. I got is as a sample from Sephora last week and have been using it daily. I love it! It’s a natural exfoliant that leaves my skin feeling really soft and glowing. It’s called Facial Radiance Polish from First Aid Beauty. The sample came in this tiny little bottle and it has lasted over a week! You just use a tiny little bit on your face and it works wonders. The product is a little bit more pricy ($24) so I am kind of hesitant to buy the full bottle, but I know that it will be great investment. Most products break out my face, but this one has natural ingredients and it has been wonderful to use. So I thought I would just throw that out there and let you know about this product in case you were on the hunt for a new facial wash. I will link it down below in case you want to try it for yourself! Have a great day and I will hopefully talk to you soon! 🙂
I was asked by the people http://www.mancrates.com/ to do a post about items I couldn’t live without. Those over at Man Crates make buying gifts for men easy yet creative! Complete with your own crowbar, you can order actual crates of goodies based on what type of man they’re for! I think this idea is awesome since I find that it is quite difficult buying gifts for guys. And if you think the same, this online store has the answers for you! So go check them out! http://www.mancrates.com/ So, getting back, I don’t think that I have ever shared with you what I couldn’t live without. Honestly, there are way more than five things I couldn’t live without, but I have chosen just five. So let’s get started!
1. Tea. Normally, it would be coffee. For years I have not been able to start my day off without my cup of coffee, but a few weeks ago I got really sick and since then I have given up coffee for good. It’s so hard! But I started drinking tea as an alternative. It’s still not the same, but at least it’s something to help me kick start my day! 🙂 I really like Chamomile tea. It tastes good plain and doesn’t need any sweetener or cream!
2. Mascara. Even if I don’t wear any other makeup, I cannot face my day without mascara. I don’t know why that is, but that is my beauty must-have. Maybelline’s Illegel Length mascara is my favorite one.
3. Pen and paper. Whether I’m writing down ideas, scribbling/doodling, or making lists, I can never have enough paper!
4. Phone/Computer. I couldn’t decide between the two, so I chose them both! They are both essential to me on a daily basis, and I couldn’t survive very long without either of them! 🙂 I recently purchased this computer, and I honestly can’t see how I lived without it! It’s absolutely amazing!!
5. My favorite book. It could be any book, though, just as long as I had something to read! A Tale of Two Cities is my absolute favorite book, but I have many others I love almost just as much! The Kite Runner was another one that popped into my head. I recently purchased ‘And the Mountains Echoed’ by the same author; I am so excited to read it! Have you read it? Is it good?
So those are just some of my must-haves/things I couldn’t live without. What are yours? Let me know! I hope you have a great day and I will talk to you soon!
Hey everyone! So for today’s post I thought I would share with you a few pictures on how to style a pixie cut! I have been growing my hair out for about a year now and it’s almost to my shoulders. But it just looks so unkempt and is really annoying me, so I made an appointment for Wednesday to chop it all off again!! I am so excited! I’m going to go with a little bit of a different style than what I had before, but it won’t be too different. So after looking through pictures, I thought I would share some tips in case you also have short hair!
I like how Emma Watson put a little decorative clip in her hair. There isn’t a whole lot you can do with short hair, but by adding little cute, feminine pieces to it, you can definitely create cute looks!
Ginnifer Goodwin is the person I use when I get my hair cut. I was re-watching Once Upon a Time with my sister, and I just loved her look as Mary Margaret! I like to think I am like her character, so I couldn’t help but wish for short hair again. So that’s why I decided to get my hair cut! I love how she used this cute red bow to do her hair. It adds femininity to her style. I know that sometimes short hair can be more boy-ish, but with cute accessories you can make it more girly!
It will be a little bit harder to do, but if you have longer hair up top, you can curl it. I think that is what I will do sometimes, just so you don’t have to have the same look everyday.
So there are just a couple different ways to fix short hair. Hope you enjoyed this, and I will talk to you later!
#14- 10 (+1) ways to have a warm, fun, cozy afternoon!
Right now where I am, the temperature is at 5 degrees. So very cold! When the weather is this cold (which tends to be happening everyday), I like to just stay home, sit by the fire, and have a relaxing afternoon/evening. But since this has been happening everyday, those afternoons can become a little boring. Sometimes I think, “What on earth can I do?”
So, while I am eating a hot bowl of cheese broccoli soup to warm me up, I am going to share with you 10+ ways to stay warm and have a cozy afternoon in, free of boredom! 🙂
1. Read a good book. Perhaps it could be a childhood favorite. Whenever I reread some of my past favorites, a rush of memories and feelings that came with the book will sweep over me. It kind of transports me back to the time and place when I last read the book.
2. Make a craft. Perhaps there is a new hobby you want to pick up.
3. Find a new show on Netflix. Is there a new TV show you’ve been wanting to watch? Netflix has many great ones!
4. Paint your nails. I like my fingernails/toenails to be painted at all times, but when they need to be redone, or painted, it’s sometimes hard to find the time, since it takes a while for them to dry. But when you have an afternoon, that would be the perfect time to pamper yourself!
5. Do a mini spring cleaning. Do you have a closet that needs to be cleaned out? Maybe it’s a cupboard under your sink or a junk drawer in your dresser. If you have an afternoon snowed in, go ahead and tackle those projects and clean them. Sometimes on lazy afternoons, I find myself feeling sluggish and tired. I just don’t want to do anything. But when I start to clean or organize something, I will almost always find myself feeling energized.
6. Bundle up and take a meditative walk outside. It’s good to get fresh air; it clears your head and let’s you get a new or fresh perspective on life.
7. Write in your journal. I try to write in my journal on a consistent basis, but sometimes life gets busy and writing in your journal becomes low on your list. But I think it’s important to write your thoughts and feelings. It’s always an enjoyment going back through my old journals and reading the “woes” and “drama” I faced when I was eight. haha
8. Rearrange your room/ area. I always find it fun to redo my room. It just makes life more interesting and keeps me content. Perhaps you have been wanting to redo an area in your home/apartment. Now would be a good time!
9. Sit by the fire, drinking a hot drink. This is one of my favorite things to do. I have found myself with more time on my hands due to the cold. So sitting by the fire, drinking coffee or hot chocolate, reading a book or doing nothing, is such a fun and relaxing thing to do.
10. Play games! It’s easy to just sit and fill your time with movies and social media. But playing a board game is more fun, enjoyable, and worth your time. I have recently been playing Monopoly with my sister. That and Clue are my all-time favorite board games. My new favorite card game, (apart from Euchre. Which, sadly, takes four players. And my sister and I only make two. haha) is German Whist. It’s a two-player card game. We got my other sister and her husband to play it and they now love it. Just google the directions. It’s a great game!
11. Work a puzzle. This can easily take up your afternoon. If you found a show on Netflix you are now addicted to, just watch it while you do a puzzle. Or listen to music while you work on it. It’s such a great way to curve boredom. 🙂
I hope you have enjoyed reading ways to keep your afternoons warm and fun on these cold, winter days! Feel free to let me know what you do to curve your boredom. Follow me for more fashion tips!